Does MPI offer educational opportunities for seasoned meeting professionals?
MPI provides Continuing Education Unit (CEU) credits for learning activities as an additional membership benefit. To acquire CEU credits you may attend our live events and attend knowledge sessions or you may participate in our virtual access pass and watch the sessions at your convenience.
We also offer credits for participating in and viewing webinars. To see a list of current and archived webinars, please click here
If you are applying for the CMP program or recertifying, please know that the CEU credit calculation is regulated by the Convention Industry Council. For more information on how to calculate your credits according to your situation, please visit their Web site, www.conventionindustry.org
How do I track my CEU credits?
There are 2 ways to report CEU credits. If you attend a live event or participate in a webinar, you will receive 1 credit per contact hour. At live events, you will need to have your badge scanned at the door of each session in order to receive credit and have it automatically applied to your member profile. For webinars and archived sessions, you will need to manually add these credits to your profile. You may do so by clicking here
What is the CMP?
MPI is a proud supporter of the Convention Industry Council’s Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Program. The CMP is the foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry; and the program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism.
What are the benefits of the CMP certification?
Established in 1985, the CMP credential benefits meeting professionals through:
- Recognition: As the premier industry certification, the CMP distinguishes holders as career professionals who have demonstrated a high level of experience, skill and knowledge.
- Competitive Advantage: The designation conveys credibility to a meeting professional's opinions and ideas, both at work and in the greater meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry.
- Peer Acceptance: CMPs are immediately recognized by other CMPs as fellow professionals committed to the advancement of the profession.
- Salary Enhancement: CMPs can use the certification as a competitive advantage when it comes to negotiating salaries and other business.
- Personal Achievement: After passing a rigorous application and examination process, CMPs express a profound sense of personal achievement at finally being regarded as the exceptionally skilled professional they are.
- Commitment: Successful completion of the certification process conveys that the certified meeting professional is committed and goal driven in their career.
Where do I go for more information on the CMP?
For fee and application information, please visit the Convention Industry Councils website
What industry newsletters or online magazines should I be subscribing to?